Matmi are looking for a Unity developer to work within a creative team developing mobile apps, products and games.
Working alongside a team of top class designers, developers and online visionaries, you will help to bring creative ideas to life, and have the joy of watching your work not only get played around the world by millions of people, but also be recognised and rewarded for your hard work and commitment.
• (Essential) Unity 3D, C# .NET
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be fun, ambitious and up for a challenge.
• Full Software Lifecycle application development – designing, coding, debugging and documenting applications in C# and Unity.
• Developing new features and modifying existing features to ensure the production of a quality product.
• Producing project estimates, documentation and completing projects on time within budget.
• Working effectively in a team, and communicating with other developers and non-technical staff.
• Enabling relevant stakeholders’ concerns to be identified, considered, and, when appropriate, addressed during the development of the product.
• Develop an application from inception to completion.
Skills and Specifications
• (Essential) 3+ years of commercial development experience with an emphasis on desktop, mobile or web platforms.
• (Essential) Good understanding of the Unity 5 API and strong knowledge of the C# programming language.
• (Essential) Good understanding of the UGUI system, building interfaces and developing custom UI components.
• (Essential) Experience developing UI heavy applications/games in Unity.
• (Essential) Experience integrating with a server side applications (e.g. REST API, JSON).
• (Essential) Good mathematics and trigonometry knowledge.
• (Essential) Strong sense of design for usability and a great user experience.
• (Essential) Experience distributing to both iOS and Android mobile platforms.
• (Essential) Working within a team and able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication.
• (Desirable) Good understanding of source control methodology, ideally GitSCM.
• (Desirable) Experience working with Continuous Integration systems.
• (Desirable) Ability to develop native Unity plugins for iOS.
We are a multi award winning digital experience and gamification specialist. Since 2001 we have helped clients in search of deeper engagement, through richer, more rewarding content. We deliver new ways to earn the undivided attention of your customers – to educate and inform, tell stories, to delight, or to connect with other ideas or media channels.
We work with a wide range of clients and agencies from different sectors who need our skills to make their products and campaigns shine. These include Alton Towers, Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service, Babybel, Gorillaz, Warwick Davis, Sony, BBC, ITV, Comic Relief, Merlin Entertainments, EMI and Universal Music plus many, many more.
We also produce our own IP. We are also strong believers in practising what we preach, so we invest a lot of energy in developing our own in-house digital entertainment.
– Full-time Role – Up to £30k/pa dependent on experience.
– Contractor Role (3 Months) – Competitive rates dependant on experience.
Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK.
How To Apply
Please send a CV and links to your work with the email title “Unity Developer + name” to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d like to know why you want to work us, so include 1 – 2 sentences on that too.